Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.

Default Port Sizes on Racor 500 FE

I am replacing the old Racor 500FE filter on my boat with a new Racor 500MA.

On the 500MA, the fuel ports are #8 O-Ring Boss (3/4 - 16 thread). However, I cannot find out what size ports the old Racor 500FE filter had. It almost looks like they are either #4 or #6 ORB, but I am not completely sure. For all I know, they are some sort of BSPP thread.

Since I don't want to disassemble everything to find out that I don't have the correct fittings, I was hoping someone might be able to answer the question. Thanks!
    "Break out the rafts, lash them to the deck. We will use them as shelter until the fleet arrives!"

"All things being equal, the simplest solution is often the correct one."

19' 1976 Lund Runabout "Fun Ghoul"
    34' 1981 Mainhip II Trawler "Iron Horse"

Default Re: Port Sizes on Racor 500 FE

Ayuh,.... I'm sorry to say, I work on alota old iron, 'n their hydraulics,...

I've never found a way to ID a fittin', without takin' atleast 1 of 'em apart,....

There's just Sooooooo many possibilities,......
    Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

That is how I used to do things, but in my line of work, I don't have that ability so I have become very good at looking specs up and sizing from there. It saves time and guesswork. Of course, I cannot find the specs for this filter out there.

There has to be an installation drawing or something of that sort for this filter out there. I looked up Parker's website (they bought out Racor) and couldn't find squat. Even if there were a few options that this filter came with, I can at least narrow my search down and bring all of the fittings I need.

This would normally not be a big deal, but I live 2 hours away from where my boat is at. So I need to make my trips up to her count as much as I possibly can.
    "Break out the rafts, lash them to the deck. We will use them as shelter until the fleet arrives!"

"All things being equal, the simplest solution is often the correct one."

19' 1976 Lund Runabout "Fun Ghoul"
    34' 1981 Mainhip II Trawler "Iron Horse"

Cadet

Try Parker/Racor technical support via email or phone call. They have always been super at getting back to me in a few hours or less. just make sure you have the various model numbers available when you call. I have also had good luck bringing the filters into a hydraulic shop and getting the fittings from them.