Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
    Cadet

Default Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

Ive always been a Cobalt guy, but recently I came across a clean 98 23' Formula. The salesman, said Formula was a top of the line boat, but i wanted to get some other peoples opinions before i made an offer. So does Formula make a good quality boat? Or should i stick with Cobalt?

Cadet

Default Re: Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

If there is one manufacturer that can lay claim to building to a similar level of excellence as Cobalt, it is Formula. You can see from my signature what my bias is, but Formula builds a very nice boat.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I hope Formula is a good one i just bought 30 footer. anybody want to buy a searay?

Cadet

Ihad a 1988 242ls formula it was superb. Itkept a high resale. Next I had a 1994 303 sr1with t502mpi. Formula does not build even oneflaw on their boats. The fit and finish is2nd to none. I now have a fountain center console. Formula is by far a good choice.

Rear Admiral

All of life's little questions should be this easy. and the answer is...............either one.Now see, that wadn't hard.c/6Hooty

Cadet

runninhorn,Tough decision. Which high quality boat to buy? No doubt, either boat is an excellent choice. What kind of engine/drive is the Formula packin’?Which lake do you boat on? I’m on Lake Travis so maybe I’ll see ya out on the water.-Chris

Cadet

hey, ill be out on lake travis. The Formula is 23' long, has a mag 454, and the guy wants $29k. Its at: www.eriksenmarine.com its actually on lake travis.....i kinda like the formula myself, but ive always had cobalt........so what kinda boat do you have on lake travis?

Cadet

I took a quick look at it out at Eriksens a couple of days ago. Are you sure it’s a mag? The description on the website says it is a 7.4. Good looking boat though and clean.Anyway, I have a 25’ Donzi ZX. Are you going to put it in a slip or trailer it? I keep mine in a slip on a lift. In my marina, fellow slipmates have 25’ and 31’ Formulas. Real nice boats despite a complete lack of care in one particular case.Let me know if you get it. We can meet up for some serious go-fastin’. Also, let me know if you need another set of eyes to give her a thorough look over before you decide to commit. I’m between projects right now and have some free time.-Chris