i currently have a 20 foot stingray bow rider which i love for the smaller New England lakes but it is just not the right type of boat for what i am looking to do with the family. We have taken it out in Long Island Sound and in some of the bays around cape cod and Newport RI but at times it is not a very safe feeling. My wife and kids love boating but my wife has requested we get a bigger more seaworthy boat that she will feel safer on and one that does not constantly bob over other boats wakes and feel like it is about to fall apart..
- New England bays, long Island sound and possible runs to Block Island & Martha's vineyard from woods hole- The boat will never go past Martha's Vineyard as i have no interest in being that far out on the ocean
- We rent a house on the cape a few times each summer so Buzzards bay or potentially some ocean side trips could be in the future but not far far off shore.
- Safe fishing in long island sound (with small skids)
- the boat HAS to be able to pull my wife on a ski - She is an avid skier and this is non-negotiable - Straight line pulls are fine but it has to have power to pull her up on one ski.
- I realize the Outrage 200 would be the better boat but I would rarely go more than 10-15 miles offshore
- My wife is tired of being beaten up by the waves and wants to feel safe in the environments i mentioned above in normal conditions - what sort of ride can i expect from the 210 in the aforementioned areas
- 21 foot is about the maximum length I can easily store in my garage.
- The boat HAS to be trailer-able
- Want something to smooth out the bay-side and Long island Sound waves
i understand that weather happens and any boat can feel like a cork in a toilet but i am looking for general input/feedback.
thanks in advance for your replies, i look forward to your valuable input.