January 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask the Experts | No Skis Zone

Ask the Experts | No Skis Zone

Did you ever think of water skiing with no skis? Barefoot water skiing is exhilarating, offers plenty of excitement and is a real attention-getter. When you first learn, it's always memorable. Unlike water skiing or wakeboarding. barefooting only offers the bottoms of your feet to support and balance your body weight. The sport has a daredevil image and brings a real adrenaline rush. But I also see it as an extremely technical sport, more like figure skating or gymnastics. It's about understanding optimal body position and implementing precise movement, which begins with focus and mental discipline. With so little surface area the boat speed is a bit faster and the balance point is more critical and less forgiving. But good technique will have you solid as standing on land, with minimal falls. I learned to ba...
    See more | Go to post

• Product Spotlight | A Great Hull Gets More Models

Product Spotlight | A Great Hull Gets More Models

The retro boat we saw at the MDCE trade show and brought to you in the December newsletter is not the only new boat iboats has seen this season. The folks at Bayliner have been very busy adding sizes and designs to their "Element" line. Here's we'll take a look at their F18 model. We tested some of their Element boats when they first came out. We were and continue to be impressed with the features of the boat but mainly, the unique design of a fantastic hull they have under all the boater creature comforts. (Two months ago, I ran each of the new Element boats along with other new Bayliner VR models. After two full days of testing I lost my camera overboard along with all the photos from those two days. The camera lies somewhere on the bottom of the Tennessee River. For this article I'm relying on photos provided by Bayliner.) Bayliner introduced the Element and Element XL in 2013 and 2014. They?ve added new models for the recreational boating and fishing family to enjoy. The new "Element F18" is a center console built on the same innovative M-Hull™ we initially tested. It's an amazing hull that provides performance and amazing stability. At 18' 2" and 7' 5" beam, this versatile ba...
    See more | Go to post

• Ask the Experts | Fuel Care Tips

Ask the Experts | Fuel Care Tips

As the temperatures changes across the country it's time to prepare your boat engines as well as small engine equipment for off-season storage. When you're not using your snow blower, lawn mowers, leaf blower, chain saw or other equipment it's best to store them properly so they start up and run well for you when you need them. One of the biggest concerns these days is the quality of "re-formulated" and ethanol in gasoline and how it can negatively affect small engines. Here are some tips and a few steps to help you avoid the issues tha...
    See more | Go to post

• Product Spotlight | Choosing the Right Dock Line

Product Spotlight | Choosing the Right Dock Line

The first thing to consider when you are choosing dockline is how much you need to have on hand. A general recommendation is to have 2 each of stern lines, bow lines, and spring lines. You may not always use two bow or stern lines but it is recommended to have them on board for the times that you will need them. If you live somewhere that your boat is docked in heavy storms, you may consider doubling up your lines. Next you should consider what material of rope. Generally dock lines should be made from nylon for improved stretch and strength. It comes in both three-strand (which stretches more) and braided which is a little bit stronger. And the final considera...
    See more | Go to post
There are no articles in this category.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Categories

Collapse

Working...
X