Flag staff for a '75 Nineteen

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Was there ever a optional flag/pennant staff available for a 1975 nineteen? I had thought about mounting an old Jervis staff on the front right behind the bow light.

Attachments

• photo212619.jpg
    photo212619.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212620.jpg
    photo212620.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0

ziggy

Admiral
i think there was an optional flag/pennant staff available for a '75 Nineteen. i think it was the front nav. light that had the option. you and me got the nav. light w/o the pole. most of the pics of Nineteens in the AristoCraft brochures from their web site have the nav. lights w/ the poles for the flag.

looks like ya got a good idea to me. should look real good. only comment i have to the negitive about it is. me personally, i sometimes sit with my legs hanging over the ft. of the bow right where yer gonna put the pole at. if you don't use this area to sit at. yer flag pole will look great right there. if yer gonna use a back plate for the bolts, be sure the window pocket don't come that far fwd, i can't remember how far forward the pocket goes. i do think there is space between the pocket and the deck though. i lost my cat on board one day and i found her on top of the window pocket, so there must be a small space between the pocket and the deck.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yeah,I've seen older nineteens with a pennant staff on the net. I'm just wondering if they changed the deck a little around the light in later years? The only time I use that step pad area around the light is when I beach the boat. It might get in the way then. Cats can get in the strangest places LOL. I've heard of them climbing on top of spare tires of pickups under the bed and going for a ride:lol:

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Well, I went on and installed it. I think it is the finishing touch for the bow. pics

Attachments

• photo212634.jpg
    photo212634.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212635.jpg
    photo212635.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0

ziggy

Admiral
it just don't get any cooler than flying the AristCrat flag. it looks great. i'm envious.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jim, I'll be glad to keep an eye out for one of those Allen Jervis pennant staffs for ya.Got mine off of ebay for around $20 including shipping. The flag came from AristoCraft. I had to rework it a little so it would fit better.